Fight Styles are an aspect of gameplay in Shadow Fight 2. Fights in Shadow Fight 2 allow players to enhance their fight abilities through Fight Styles (named simply 'Styles' by the game). They describe how well players are doing in a round during fight and in turn help in doing better in the fight. In-game, when in combat, allocated to these styles is a meter located beneath the health bar. This style bar can be filled through combat to access the several "levels": hard, brutal, aggressive, crazy and fantastic.
Advancing the Combat MeterEdit
Players start on Passive and can progress through Styles by utilising different moves and techniques to cause damage to the opponent. Each successful unrepeated attack helps in filling up the Style Bar by a small amount. However, if hits are blocked for a long time or result from the same moves repeatedly the Style Bar progress will decrease, thus the player must switch to using other attacks to keep filling up the meter. But once a Style is reached, players cannot go back to the preceding Style. When the Style Bar Fills up, a new style is achieved and the player has progressed to the level. It has been said that the higher the Style the faster, more responsive, and more intuitive Shadow will be and better the reward in fight bonus. Reaching higher Styles will help in defeat of opponents with Insane difficulty with ease.
The styles are:
- Passive: All rounds begin at this style and then progress to higher styles. It is indicated with the white color and the game does not name it below the style bar unlike others but it does display it during Fight Bonus at the style-reached.
- Hard: It is depicted with a Yellow color.
- Brutal: It is shown in Orange-Yellow color.
- Aggressive: Having an Orange-Red color, reaching this style awards the player the achievement "Aggressive". This and higher styles make lots of fights easier to win like ones with Insane difficulty.
- Crazy: Green-colored, reaching this style awards the player the achievement "Crazy".
- Fantastic: Makes the bar Blue in color, reaching this style awards the player the achievement "Fantastic".
- The player begins on Passive mode.
- The player executes three successful double sweeps: this brings the meter halfway to Hard.
- The player executes two high kicks to bring the meter to Hard.
- The player executes more double sweeps but these do not fill the meter.
- The player performs a suplex and brings the meter halfway to Brutal.
- The player performs a throw and brings the meter two thirds of the way to Aggressive.
- The player performs a back kick and reaches Aggressive.
- Passive style is called "turtle" in the game files.