Players can upgrade their equipment by using one of the three methods below:
- Upgrade it from the shop. The equipment that appear in the shop are randomized, and will change in every 24 hours. If a piece of equipment in the shop is already owned, players can use either coins or gems to upgrade the equipment.
- A chance to be upgraded from winning fights, opening chests or booster packs. If the players receive an equipment that already owned, a part of an upgrade bar will fill up. When the upgrade bar fully filled up, the equipment will be upgraded, and a number of Shadow Energy will be given.
- Using Shadow Energy. Shadow Energy will be given if the players receive an already owned equipment from winning fights, chests, or booster packs, and that equipment is upgraded. Players can access this upgrade option from the equipment menu. Equipment with higher rarity require more Shadow Energy for an upgrade.
- Main article: Weapon (SF3)
Weapons increase the damage done through attacking with "punch" button, also changing the animations. They also determine Critical hit chance.
- Main article: Armor (SF3)
Armors reduces the damage of Body hit and increases the power of unarmed attacks (punches, kicks, and throws). Armors also defines the fighting style of a character.
- Main article: Helm (SF3)
Helms reduces the damage of Head hit and increases the power of Shadow ability. Compared to weapons and armors, helms come with less slots.
Ranged Weapon Edit
- Main article: Ranged Weapon (SF3)
Projectile weapons that can be thrown to damage the opponent from a distance. It is the only equipment without slot, regardless of rarity.
Equipment Sets Edit
- Main article: Equipment Sets (SF3)
Currently, there are five equipment sets, obtainable when their respective events were held:
- Monkey King Set
- Executioner's Set
- Steel Sakura Set
- Swamper's Set
- Frozen Dragon Set
All items within the sets are of Unique rarity (comparable to Legendary) with the exceptions of Swamper's Set; all the items except the weapons are of Epic rarity, available even before the event was held, and still obtainable after the event was over.